WHAT HAPPENS AT MA'ARIV?
The MA'ARIV weekly schedule allows participants to choose their own courses and make connections with other teens in the community!
Register today on the Temple Shalom website.
Questions? Contact Marriah Vengroff or Sarah Stein
6:30-7:00 - Dinner Together and Community Time
Time for teens to connect informally with staff, take a breath, catch up with friends and recharge.
Each week our dinner is prepared by our Head Chef Arielle Gorden and a rotating crew of participants.
7:00-8:00 - Community time & appetizers
Time for teens to engage in their chosen course.
5 Goals of MA'ARIV
1. MA'ARIV will be a safe space for every participant where they feel welcomed and valued.
2. MA'ARIV will be a place where meaningful relationships with peers are fostered.
3. MA'ARIV will be a place where young people have access to positive adult Jewish role models who care about their well-being and Jewish growth.
4. MA'ARIV will be a place where young people deepen their feeling of connection and belonging to their Jewish community at Temple Shalom and beyond.
5. MA'ARIV will be a place where young people have the autonomy to choose Jewish learning that is most relevant to them.
The first night of MA'ARIV is TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 26
Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24
Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28
Jan. 16, 23, 30
Feb. 6, 13, 27
Mar. 6, 13, 20, 27
Apr. 3, 10, 24
May 1, 8
Director of Youth Engagement
Asst. Director of Youth Engagement