WHAT HAPPENS AT MINCHA?
The MINCHA weekly schedule includes a little bit of everything. We make time to learn, reconnect with friends, grow as leaders, create positive Jewish memories, and so much more!
Register today on the Temple Shalom website.
Questions? Contact Marriah Vengroff or Sarah Stein
4:30-5:00 - "Take Time for You": Mind & Body
Time for teens to connect informally with staff, take a breath, catch up with friends and recharge.
5:10-6:00 - "Take Time to Learn": Jewish learning in small groups
Each week, teens will be divided by grade and/or identified gender and will engage in a weekly rotation of lessons around a central theme.. Lessons will be taught by the Temple Shalom clergy, educators and the MINCHA adult staff.
6:00-6:30 - Dinner together
Each week our dinner is prepared by our Head Chef Arielle Gorden and a rotating crew of participants.
5 Goals of MINCHA
1. MINCHA will be a safe space for every participant where they feel welcomed and valued.
2. MINCHA will be a place where meaningful relationships with peers are fostered.
3. MINCHA will be a place where young people have access to positive adult Jewish role models who care about their well-being and Jewish growth.
4. MINCHA will be a place where young people deepen their feeling of connection and belonging to their Jewish community atTemple Shalom and beyond.
5. MINCHA will be a place where young people have access to high quality, age appropriate, relevant Jewish learning.
The first night of MINCHA is TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 26
MINCHA is a required part of our B'nai Mitzvah program.
Register at www.templeshalom.org
Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24
Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28
Jan. 16, 23, 30
Feb. 6, 13, 27
Mar. 6, 13, 20, 27
Apr. 3, 10, 24
May 1, 8
Want to get more involved in the community? Check out our
Job Opportunities For Teens!
Director of Youth Engagement
Asst. Director of Youth Engagement