What is the Big Buddies program?
Big Buddies is a program within Taste of Camp at Temple Shalom that matches Taste of Campers with awesome high school Buddies. Big Buddies and Little Buddies will spend time doing fun activities and getting to know each other during 3 Taste of Camp sessions. You will be a special person who your Little Buddy looks forward to seeing at Temple. You will teach your Little Buddy the value of good sportsmanship, friendship, and being involved in Jewish life. This is a minimal commitment program with a major impact on our Taste of Campers and their families. Find out more about it below!
What does it mean to be a Big Buddy?
1. Get to know your Little Buddy by coming to 3 Taste of Camp sessions throughout the year on Sunday 11/5, 1/21, and 5/13 from 12-1:30pm. We will plan special buddy projects for pairs to do together on those days.
2. Make your Little Buddy feel special! Send them a letter or an email (through their parents), get a souvenir for your Little Buddy when you go on vacation or a small Channukah gift, make plans to sit together at Shabbat services one night.
Plan to attend the Big Buddy orientation dinner on September 12 from 4:30-6:00pm!
How will you benefit from being a Big Buddy?
1. Receive volunteer hours for your time with your Little Buddy
2. Learn valuable leadership skills and role-model training
3. Create a lasting and meaningful relationship with a young Temple member
4. 3 MA'ARIV engagement points +1 additional point for extra interactions above and beyond the program.
5. The chance to be part of a new program at Temple Shalom